Used Laser Buying Guide
Pre-Owned Medical Lasers for Sale: What You Need to Know Before You Buy
This is an overview of the full buying guide that we offer to aesthetic practitioners sifting through the many IPL, RF, and medical lasers for sale coming into the market.
Fill Out The Form To Get Your Free Guide to Buying Laser Devices
For more information call our experts at (855) 819-3781 for information before deciding to purchase a RF, IPL, or medical laser for sale from another source.
- Properly maintained and refurbished lasers can have high efficacy for well over ten years.
- Never buy something new, unless there is a very good business reason to buy it new.
- Never buy a system with an expensive consumable such as a tip or pad.
- Be sure to validate the device you are buying before making payment.
- Make sure that any devices requiring installation are properly installed.
- Always get trained by someone who has trained hundreds of buyers.
- check out your trainer.
- a good trainer will teach both clinically and academically.
- Your trainer should be a resource long after training is complete.
- Know who you are doing business with.
Ask yourself these questions:
- How can a broker have the resources to properly prepare your device and all attachments for shipping?
- Does the broker have the right type of crating and packaging?
- Will they ensure that all of the accessories are obtained from the seller?
- Does the party that you are doing business with have a dedicated engineering and tech staff that thoroughly tests all lasers before they are sent out? Most brokers claim they do, but actually, use the services of moonlighting techs.
- Does the broker carry product liability insurance?
- Many used systems are out of warranty, out of calibration, have had no preventative maintenance for months (or years), have not been inspected for safety or electrical issues, are not drained, and often do not function to specification. Does the broker you are working with have the resources to restore lasers to like-new condition?
- Does the party you are doing business with have a dedicated trainer that will be a wonderful resource for your practice?
- Buy the right solution for you – not the medical laser for sale the salesperson promises will do everything and treat everyone.
- Do not fall for the “demo” medical laser for sale.
- Know who your seller really is, not what their website claims to be. Have you toured the facility? If not, ask for a Skype or Facetime tour. Do they have a long list of complaints online that have never been resolved?
- When is a multi-parameter platform the right platform for you? Consider system failures, ability to treat multiple patients at the same time, and customer efficacy. You’re not actually saving money.
- Think about service after the medical laser sale. The manufacturer is not your best option; finding a good field-based technician is a time consuming task; our repair depot is usually faster and less expensive.
- Most lasers, IPLs, and their fibers and handpieces can be refurbished. Very few manufacturers make their own parts; we change worn out parts.
- Be aware of the fallacy of the warranty that comes with a new system.
- What do practitioners who have been using cosmetic lasers, RF devices and IPLs for 20 years know that you don’t? Most opt to buy pre-owned.
If we can be of service please don’t hesitate to call (855) 819-3781 for no obligation answers to your questions about aesthetic IPL, RF and medical lasers for sale. We create relationships with our buyers, and invite you to experience the Sentient Difference.